Annual Report 2016: Key Achievements in 2016
Dunlea Centre Key Achievements in 2016
- Interstate Salesian Principals and Deputy Principals visit Dunlea Centre and Bosco College for Australian Pacific Salesian Principals Association (APSPA).
- Oz Bosco held at Bosco College & Dunlea Centre for the first time.
- Jen Cohen (Sydney Catholic Schools) – Mental Health First Aid workshop.
- New Dunlea staff attend Salesian Immersion held in Melbourne.
- Staff attend Frist Aid training at St Johns Ambulance Sydney.
- Samoan Siva cultural dance tour of the Engadine Bosco community.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training for staff held in April.
- Maria House (girls) meet with NSW Premier, Mr Mike Baird.
- Executive Director attends the European Scientific Association on Residential and family Care for Children and Adolescents (EUSARF) Conference (September) in Oviedo, Spain.
- Executive Director visits the original Boys Town Omaha, Nebraska & later the Boys Town, New York annex.
- Executive Director visits Waterford Country School, Connecticut, USA.
- Fr Greg Chambers Salesian Provincial visit in June.
- The Chair and Executive Director invited to Budapest “Fight for Freedom” 60th year anniversary celebrations.
- Montessori Academy commences refurbishment of the ‘old hospital’ for its Childcare Centre.
- Plans tentatively finalised for the pilot of a ‘Day Program’.
- Final Occupation Certificate issued on 9th December 2016 – administration area complete. All Dunlea staff return to the main building campus.