Generalist Teacher Position Available Here At Dunlea Centre!
Looking to jump into your teaching career? Then you’ve come to the right place.
All Grade Levels (P-12)
Contract Type: Permanent/Ongoing Position Full Time
Applications Close: 22 September 2020
Dunlea Centre. Generalist Teacher. Three (3) year Full Time position, with negotiable extension. Well known special assistance school in the Engadine area. Fringe benefits packaging provided.
GENERALIST TEACHER in a Special Education Setting
FULL TIME THREE (3) YEAR CONTRACT (with negotiable extension) COMMENCING either Term 4 or Term 1 2021 as available.
We are seeking innovative and enthusiastic educators to apply to join Dunlea Centre’s teaching staff.
Dunlea Centre offers both residential and day programs for secondary students who aim to improve their social skills. Teachers are trained on-site in the Boys’ Town Nebraska (USA) Social Skills Model.
Dunlea Centre aims for ‘Behavioural Change, Educational Gain’ for all of their students.
The position is for a permanent (3 year contract, with negotiable extension) Generalist Teacher. We are open to both primary and secondary experience to join our current dynamic group of teachers.
Applicants must be supportive of the aims and Salesian ethos of the centre.
Dunlea Centre is a child safe organisation and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
The successful applicant will:
• Be a passionate teacher who can meet the needs of all learners and show a commitment to academic excellence.
• Have a strong work ethic.
• Be able to accept feedback.
• Have deep knowledge and understanding of syllabus requirements.
• Be able to collaborate with colleagues to build genuine and professional relationships and to promote shared commitment and a sense of achievement.
• Demonstrate an ability to work within and support a dynamic and collaborative team.
• Able to successfully integrate technology into everyday learning and planning.
• Have the capacity to effectively communicate with parents, students and staff.
• A commitment to the Salesian ethos of the centre is an essential condition of employment.
• Demonstrate the ability to support the modification of education programs and assessment to suit individual students learning needs.
• Child Protection legislation requires the applicant has a current Working With Children Clearance.
Conditions of Employment will be covered by the NSW Catholic Independent Schools (Teachers – Model C) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2020. Pay scales are in accordance with each candidate’s NESA accreditation and
will include an additional special education teaching allowance. Further remuneration enhancement will also be provided through access to Southgate salary packaging benefits.
Applications that outline your suitability for the role and a full resume should be emailed to Joel.Hamill@boystown.net.au.
A full job description can be emailed to candidates on request.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE TUESDAY 22nd of SEPTEMBER 2020 at 5PM