We would like to express our gratitude to all our supporters. From donating to a newsletter to participating in an activity, together we can support those who need it.
Coopers Brewery Foundation
Thank you to Coopers Brewery Foundation for their $19,960 donation contributing towards the Learning for Life Camps held for each unit. Camps provide practical experiences away from the young person’s usual environment and provide new, exciting experiences for many of the young people in the program.
During camp, practical exercises/ activities are run which give the young people opportunities to showcase the life and social skills which they have acquired throughout the term and to learn how to adapt in a new setting. Some of these skills include:
- Strategies to manage feelings and emotions
- Appropriate behaviour in social situations
- Participation in a range of physical activities
- Showcasing the diversity of Australian communities
- Enhancing positive relationships with others
- Recognising that a healthy lifestyle requires a balance of work, rest, sleep, physical activity, leisure and recreation
This year’s camp program included:
- Time spent in Bundeena with activities such as fishing, snorkelling and bushwalking.
- A week on the Gold Coast where young people visited various theme parks, excursions to Tambourine Mountain, the glow-worm caves and the beach.
- Trips to the Blue Mountains to participate in a horse riding.
- A snow camp at Smiggins in the Snowy Mountains.
Thank You Coopers Brewery Foundation!